Local Foods Festival
The Junior League of Denver has planted the seed for a great new event with the Denver Botanic Gardens - the Local Foods Festival at Denver Botanic Gardens at Chatfield. This exciting second annual fundraising event will highlight local, fresh, sustainable foods and products, focusing on Colorado’s agricultural heritage and culinary diversity. It will take place on Saturday, September 10, 2011 and Sunday, September 11, 2011 from 11:00am to 4:00pm both days.
The Local Foods Festival provides a fun, energetic, and inspiring atmosphere for families to learn more about Colorado food resources. Producers of local fruits/vegetables, meat, prepared foods, culinary gifts, and other items will be featured; as well as chefs from local restaurants and area farmers.
If that doesn’t sound tasty enough, the Local Foods Festival will coincide with the opening of the very popular Botanic Gardens Corn Maze, the largest of its kind in the country.
Bring the family and make a day of it!
We are nurturing some fun-filled activities and events including:
- A farmer’s market of approximately 50 vendors featuring local food, produce and homegrown gifts
- Samplings from local restaurants and chefs at the market
- A chili cook-off, featuring amateur chefs and local professional chefs
- An exclusive VIP evening event, Rhinestone Rodeo, where casual style never looked so glamorous
- A series of educational events focusing on how to prepare foods using fresh ingredients
- And much, much, more! Great events are cropping up all the time.