Mission Statement and Focus
Changing Lives Through Literacy
Read · Learn · Grow
The Junior League of Denver, Incorporated (founded in 1918), is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable.
The Junior League of Denver strives to change lives through literacy in the Denver metro area by providing the tools for a better future.
“Women building better communities”
This is our goal as an organization. Through the training of our members, our community projects, our advocacy and the efforts of our various fundraising events, we strive to change lives through literacy in the Denver metro area. While this statement provides a clear picture of what we strive to be, it does not adequately explain how we get there. To help us achieve this end, we need to turn to the Junior League of Denver’s core values. These values provide the foundation for who we are and what we believe. They are the building blocks on which we base our actions and decisions.
- Show respect for others. It is the glue that holds us together.
- Act with integrity and do the right thing, even when no one is looking.
- We are dedicated to community. Foster stronger communities inside the Junior League of Denver as well as outside of it.
- Accountability is fundamental to all commitments.
- Education is crucial for advancement. Learn as well as teach.
- Cooperation is essential for accomplishing our goals. Working together is how we make a difference.
- Charity without generosity is impossible. Give freely of ourselves.