The Journey 2023 Event Information
We are excited to announce that Shannon Miller, Olympic Gymnast and Gold Medalist, is our keynote speaker for The Journey 2023! The event will be held Friday, February 24 at the University of Denver Magness Arena. Click here to learn more about our speaker.
Introducing Our Entertainment: Wash Park Band
Be sure to bring comfy shoes! After the program, dance the night away to Wash Park Band! This award-winning band was voted as Denver A-List’s #2 Band in Colorado. Wash Park Band has been delighting crowds since 2009, playing for many prestigious clients including the Denver Broncos, Colorado Avalanche, Denver Heart Association, Raise the Future (formerly the The Adoption Exchange), Denver Autism Society and now the Junior League of Denver!
We are excited to announce that Romi Bean, recently named lead sports anchor for CBS Colorado, will serve as our emcee for the evening. Unlike most in the business, Romi did not go to school for communications or journalism. Her career at CBS News Colorado started by covering the Broncos on CBS Colorado Mornings on a part-time basis. After two years of working mornings part-time, Romi landed a full-time position as the Weekend Sports Anchor in 2018. In January 2023, Romi was named CBS Colorado’s lead Sports Anchor. She is the first woman to be named main sports anchor in Denver TV history. Most recently, Romi was named Colorado Sportscaster of the Year by the National Sports Media Association.
Just a few key 2023 event details:
- In addition to our keynote speaker, the event will include a cocktail hour, dinner, silent and live auctions and a paddle raise. Both auctions will feature incredible items from local Denver businesses. Oh, and don’t plan on turning in early because we will have a live band and dancing after the program concludes!
- Early Bird General Admission tickets will be $150 through January 31, 2023 (deadline extended!). Starting February 1, General Admission tickets will be $175, available until February 12 or until sold out.
- VIP tickets are $225 and include access to the Meet & Greet with Shannon Miller. Space is limited, so be sure to purchase as soon as possible!
- We reserved a hotel block for the evening at Hotel Clio (formerly JW Marriott), conveniently located in Cherry Creek North, for attendees that wish to make a night of it. Call the hotel at 303.316.2700 and mention you’re with Junior League of Denver by Feb. 3 to receive the special rate.
- Attire is cocktail
Please Consider Serving as a Table Hostess for The Journey 2023!
Click here for more information on being a Table Hostess. If you’re interested in serving as a Table Hostess or have questions about tickets, please email Ticketing & Table Hostess Co-Chairs Jenny Simpson and Caroline Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you in advance for supporting The Journey 2023, and our Mission to train women to become civic leaders and impactful community volunteers. Proceeds also support our community work to disrupt the cycle of systemic poverty for women and families in Denver.
We’re Here to Help!
- General event questions? Email co-chairs Abby Herlein and Jessica Kibble at email@example.com.
- Interested in sponsoring The Journey 2022? Email Ericka Patten at firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to download a sponsorship packet.
- Interested in donating auction items? We are always looking for new and exciting items! Email email@example.com.
- Have questions about tickets or tables? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.